Getting Started with the SJTwo
If you are using the SJTwo board this guide will be the simplest guide to getting it up and running. If you are not using an SJTwo board, skip to the next guide in the sequence.
Building and Loading the "Hello World" Application
Step 0: Move into project
Step 1: Build project
This will take all of the relevant source code files to your project and
generate a binary file that can be loaded onto your board. These files can be
found in the
build/application folder with the project.
make by itself to get additional information on the
different features of the build script.
To build for a different board you can specify the platform like so:
make application PLATFORM=lpc17xx.
This example will build the project for the SJOne board or any other device
with an lpc17xx microcontroller on it.
Step 2: Flash board
Before you can flash your board you will need to connect the SJTwo board to your computer using a USB Micro cable. Once connected, to load the binary file into your board, run:
If you want to specify the device port you can try:
make flash PORT=/dev/ttyUSB0
For Mac OSX:
make flash PORT=/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART
make flash could not find your device, try running it again. If
it continues to fail then it could a few things such as:
- Confirm that the USB micro cable is plugged into the computer and the SJTwo board.
- Make sure that the USB micro cable supports data communication as some "security" based USB micro cables are designed to only allow charging but do not have data lines.
- Make sure that the device is not connected to any computer programs such as Telemetry, PuTTY, or minicom. If you are uncertain of this, disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable will force the programs to disconnect from the device.
- Make sure that the CP2102n driver is installed on your machine. Ubuntu
has it preinstalled. For OSX a google search for
"CP2102n driver for
" will point you to download sites for the driver.
Step 3: Interacting with device
To view the serial output messages from board and interact with it, go to the following URL and following the setup instructions: Telemetry
After falling the web app instructions:
- Set the drop down menu for the baud rate
- Use the drop down menu on the upper right hand side page to the serial port
that was used for flashing. Typically this is
- Press the Connect button.